- The legal luminary was born on August 30, 1958.
- Uzoukwu attended Obafemi Awolowo University and graduated with LL.B Honours Degree in 1981.
- He was called to the Nigerian Bar in July 1982.
- Just after his NYSC in July 1983, at 26 years he was appointed Imo State Attorney General in February 1994. He remained the youngest person ever appointed to that office in the state till date.
- After his commissionership in October 1996, he went back to private legal practice.
- In 1991, he obtained his LLM Degree from the Abia State University and LLD from the University of South Africa in 2010.
- From 1994 to 1996, he was member of the Imo State Security Council, Imo State Judicial Service Committee and Imo State Boundary Commission.
- He was at a leadership training at the International Leadership Academy, United Nations University, Amman, Jordan in 1997.
- In September 1999, he was conferred with the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).
- Uzoukwu was member, Imo State Magistrate/High Court Rules Committee and Chairman, Imo State Government Panel on Ikeduru Local Government Council Crisis from July –September 2005.
- He was a member of the Body of Benchers and Council of Legal Education 1994-1996.
- He has prodigious law experience at all levels of the judicial system in Nigeria up to the Supreme Court.
- The lawyer consults on Nigerian Law for some United Kingdom solicitors.
- The Imo State Governor appointed him a member of the State Council of Elders in 2007.
- He was conferred him with the Officer of the Order of Niger (OON) on December 22, 2008, “in recognition of your outstanding virtues and in appreciation of services to our country, Nigeria.”
- He started practice in 1988 and on October 3, 2002, was registered as Livy Uzoukwu, SAN and Co, based in Owerri, Imo State.
Dr Livy Uzoukwu